Whole House Water Softener System, Fleck 5600SXT Meter Control Valve 48K 1.5cu ft
Water Softener is an Ion Exchanger
Hard Water with a high calcium/magnesium content enters the softener through the "in" port indicated by the green arrow. It passes through the control valve and in to the tank where it goes from top to bottom through a specially prepared resin that "softens" it, the resin consists of specially manufactured beads that have been saturated with sodium ions. Softening occurs as the hardness minerals in the water attach themselves to the resin and are "exchanged" for sodium. The softened water then enters the long center tube called a riser, via the strainer basket at the bottom of the tank and passes upward through the riser. Then water exits the softener via the control valve (Blue Arrow) and is sent to the desired location. When the resin becomes saturated by hardness minerals, the softener automatically goes into regeneration. The re-generation process is initiated by a time or a meter depending on the type of softener. By this process the hardness minerals are washed down the drain and resin bed is rinsed, re-settled and re-charged with sodium, it is now ready again to soften your water. The re-generation process is accomplished by passing very salty water from the brine tank through the resin. The brine tank must remain filled with softener salt at all times so that it can re-generate the softening resin.
Fleck 5600SXT digital metered softener
Features & Benefits:
• Simple to install - Simple to set – simple to operate
• Just one (1) internal moving part in the water stream
• Engineered with double backwash
• Utilizes compact turbine-electronic meter
• Solid-state computer control offers four modes of operation: (1) immediate meter regeneration, (2) delayed meter regeneration, (3) delayed time clock regeneration or (4) day of week regeneration
• Built-in capacitor keeps memory up to 48 hours and programming will not be lost if power is lost
• Adjustable cycle times are available in programming section
• Display shows time of day and gallons of soft water remaining
• 5-year valve warranty/10-year tank warranty
• Premium high-efficiency softening resin
• Brine tank with salt grid and safety float system
• Bypass Valve 1"
Includes: FRP Tank, Brine Tank,Fleck 5600SXT Valve, Bypass Valve, Mineral Tanks are shipped out preloaded.
Our Address: 311 East Ave K8 Stu. 111
Lancaster, CA US 93535