Whole House Calcite pH Neutralizing Filter
- Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not over correct under normal conditions.
- Upon contact with calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems. Periodic backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates.
- Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the Calcite bed will have to be periodically replenished as the Calcite is depleted. As the Calcite’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
Raises pH of water to a non-corrosive equilibrium
Advantages of Calcite
Naturally occurring, inexpensive material
Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact
Slower Reacting for controlled pH correction
Advantage of Flomag
Flomag is corosex, which is an additive you mix with Calcite when treating very low pH level
used in 90/10 Ratio Calcite/Flomag. Corosex has 5 times the power of calcite to raise the ph
level of water.
This unit comes with the Following:
1 - 948 FRP Tank (Color Varies) - Includes Distributor Cap Upper & Lower & tube.
1 - Upflow Valve Assy
1 - Bypass Valve Assy
1 - Adapter kit
1 - Wrench For Fill port cap
1 - CU FT Calcite/Flomag 90/10% Ratio
1 - Gravel Underbed
Features of the Up-Flow Acid Neutralizer:
- System comes complete with bypass valve
- Simplistic up flow design requires no backwashing
- Does not require electricity, drain line or timer to operate
- Directional inlet/outlet head has removable cap for fill port to easily add media when needed (wrench included)
- Removable upper distributor basket allows tank water drainage when adding media
- Tank is constructed using wound fiberglass/polyethylene for durability
- Includes: food grade media and gravel and adapters for vertical or horizontal piping applications
- Operating pressure range: 25-125 psi
- Operating temperature range: 40 - 100°F.
- 1" inlets & outlets
Please email us at: 123WaterFilter@gmail.com
Our Address: 311 East Ave K8 Stu. 111
Lancaster, CA US 93535
Contact Us : 661-388-2188
We ship worldwide, please contact for shipping quote.