Big Blue Water Filter Replacement Sediment & KDF85 GAC Filters 10"x4.5"
- First Filter is a 5 MICRON SEDIMENT FILTER 10"X4.5"
Sediment cartridge filters are primarily used to remove silt, sand or other particulate matter from water.
- Second Filter Cartridge is a multi-stage filter that consists of KDF85/GAC
KDF85/GAC WATER FILTER/CARTRIDGE 10"x 4.5"
KDF 85 Medium Removes or reduces iron and hydrogen sulfide from municipal or other water supplies. Also controls scale, bacteria and algae.
- REDUCES chlorine taste and odor, water-soluble heavy metals, and controls scale, bacteria, and algae in your water.
- KDF is a patented medium that consists of high purity copper-zinc granules that use redox (exchange of electrons) to effectively reduce chlorine and heavy metals as well as controlling microorganisms in potable water.
- KDF 85 Process Media can remove up to 99% of water-soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals. All KDF Process Media forms are effective in controlling the buildup of bacteria, algae, fungi and scale, making them ideal for use in GAC beds, ion exchange resins, carbon block filters and inline carbon filters. Wherever our Media are used, they can eliminate the need for costly, and sometimes harmful, chemical treatments.